Take ACTION If you don’t like the cuts, speak up!
There are three powerful, effective things you can do:
1) Speak up ! Use Your Individual Voice
- Contact Legislators & the Governor – via email, letter, phone, or in person (check out “Talking Points” and “contact legislators” for more info), OR go to http://www.legis.state.ak.us – the legislative web site, to find legislator contact information.
- Submit Letters to the Editor or other media
- Voice concerns to the local school board
2) Join the team ! Working together we can do amazing things
- Join the Great Alaska Schools network – email greatAKschoolsANC@gmail.com and ask to be added. You will receive periodic bulletins, information updates, and suggested advocacy strategies. It is a way to keep informed and become part of a collective effort.
3) Spread, Spread, Spread the word !
- Enlist others – Talk to friends, colleagues, acquaintances in the grocery store check-out line, or at school functions; AND contact folks in OTHER parts of the state.
- The goal – 1,000 voices advocating for great schools and the funding to make it possible – from all corners of the state
Parents and Citizens will make the difference – if we are persistent, speak from the heart and head, and do our homework.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”